Thursday, December 31, 2009

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

I LOVE the snow. I don't so much like to get out in it and get cold and wet, but I love to look at it. I love the way it makes everything seem quiet and peaceful. I love the way it covers the imperfections and makes everything beautiful!

I don't mind driving in the snow, I kinda like it, and I think I'm good at it. I drive a Jeep Cherokee and it makes me feel like I can do anything. Sometimes I try to slide as I turn a corner and am disappointed. I often watch cars in front of me as they come to a stop and attempt to go again, but simple spin out. I wait patiently (and sometimes impatiently) for my turn and then have no problem at all. Tonight I watched a car attempt to drive up a hill, I pulled to the side of the road and watched as the car went halfway up and backed down again three times. They then turned and drove off in the other direction. I just waited patiently and once they were out of my way, drove up confidently without a problem. Poor little car....

I do get frustrated by others and their stupid decisions. I recently took a trip to Portland to hang out with my two sisters and our two cousins. (That is another GREAT story for another time.) It snowed while I was there, and it made the trip home interesting. The major freeway I took to get out of Portland had not been plowed, and was pretty bad. Not so bad that you couldn't drive a good 40 mph though. However, people began pulling over to put chains on, which wasn't really the problem either. It really got bad, when the big trucks would stop in the middle of the lane (whichever one they were driving in) to put their chains on. No need to pull off the road, please just stop right there. Anyway, it became an obstacle course. It took an hour to drive 20 miles. The only thing that redeemed that hour was the landscape...

And, since I wasn't moving....I had plenty of time to take pictures of it.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Those are beautiful pics, Chris! And hey, that poor little car was probably me :)

Beckie B said...

I can relate with your snow driving experiences. SUV's are great until you want to have a little fun!

That Portland snow adventure was actually a lot of fun! I'm guessing if I had been in that car by myself I might have had a little road rage, but you and Jess made it fun!