Monday, February 23, 2009

"You can't sell me!"

We went to Cassadie's school band concert tonight. As Alex, Jarod, and I were sitting, waiting for it to start I turned to Jarod and we had the following conversation.

me: So Jarod, have you decided what instrument you want to play next year? (They start band in 5th grade)
Jarod: Nah
me: Well, I think you should choose percussion
Jarod: What?
me: You know, drums
Jarod: oh, yeah
me: It's more marketable you know
Jarod: You can't sell me!!!!! (with complete shock on his face)
Alex and I laugh hard for what felt like minutes
me: No, you know, like when you grow up and want to be in a band you can say "I can play the guitar, the drums, and I can sing"
Jarod: yeah (giggling)

I didn't even know he knew what marketable meant, I fully expected to have to explain it to him.

2 comments:

Angela said...

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day and maybe all my life. I'm sorry it's at Jarod's expense, but I can just see the look of shock on his little face.

Beckie B said...

I think I have stopped being shocked by what your genius children know. That story cracked me up. I think he should go for drums too, so that I can live vicariously through him. I always wanted to play the drums, I'm not bitter, I'm just sayin'.