Monday, August 11, 2008

10 days in a tiny trailer

So, I just got back from spending 10 days in a tiny trailer counting money for about 15 hours a day. This may sound glorious, but by the time you've counted your 50th bundle of bills, you are very unaffected by it. It really just becomes paper to you. I was working with my sister, Angela, and the company she works for. Angela, our other sister Beckie, and the other employees were the only people I saw for those 10 days, (except for the hundreds of people I sold parking tickets to). Most of the employees were under the age of 20 and so I felt right at home. I found myself wanting to tell them to watch their language, out of habit. We had one incident where a goat got loose and the kids had to try and catch it. I think that was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I really enjoyed the people, and the job was kinda fun most days. Most of all, I really enjoyed spending time with Ang. I love her, and am sometimes in awe of the things she can do. One of the boys said "I don't know how you know how to do all of that" referring to a complicated spreadsheet I was working with. I replied that Angela had trained me, and that I didn't know how she knew how to do all of this. She had created this system of complicated spreadsheets to keep track of everything, they all made perfect sense to me, but I cannot fathom coming up with them.

Beckie and I went to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I had really been wanting to see it, and was glad to have someone to go with. About 10 minutes into the movie, a group of 13-14 year old girls came in and sat down in the front row. They had obviously never been taught movie watching etiquette, although very much old enough. They proceeded to talk, drop things, crawl across the floor and mess with the curtain just below the movie screen, throughout the entire movie. Their mothers should be scolded for allowing them out without proper supervision!!!! Even though the girls were somewhat distracting, the movie was great.

Beckie and I often get told that we look alot alike, except for the hair color. We have even been mistaken for one another on several occasions. People will say, "Oh, I thought Christi died her hair!" We can see a resemblance, but have never thought we look that much alike. We have similar taste in fashion and find ourselves buying the same clothes which only adds to the problem. The night we went to the movie, we were dressed in dark jeans, brown flipflops, and our shirts were of similar color. We laughed at ourselves as we rode the elevator down from her apartment. To make matters worse, we ordered the exact same thing for dinner. The little guy who took our orders at Carls Jr. must have thought we were crazy. I think Beckie is an amazing woman. She is beautiful, smart, and she is one of the most caring people I know.

I often wish we didn't live 3 hours away, so I could spend more time with my two amazing sisters.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awwwwwhhhh . . . we wish you didn't live 3 hours away too!